An act of environmental sensitivity and ecological significance.
The European Network of Wine Cities RECEVIN has awarded Rethymno as the European Wine City 2018 and the agenda of the Municipality of Rethymno is full of events concerning Cretan wine until March 2019.
Rethymno is a well-known all-year-round destination, that offers visitors a spectacular landscape, high culture, excellent food, and great wine. The network of hotels and restaurants of good or excellent quality and a large number of festivals, concerts and other cultural events, all help to make Rethymno an ideal destination for all.
Discover the innumerable combinations of Cretan wine pairings at the city’s restaurants, ask for a cocktail based on Cretan wine at a wine-bar and feel the spark of the nightlife in Rethymno!
Save the dates in order to experience and enjoy the delicious richness of the varieties of Cretan wine:
The title of European City of Wines 2018 was awarded to Rethymno, the well known, all year round destination, by the European Network of Wine Cities RECEVIN.
- Rethymnos Karneval, der Karneval von Kreta!
- Le Carnaval de Rethymno, le Carnaval de Crète
- Floats colorful route
- Great Carnival opening ceremony
- “ARKADIA” Sport Event
- Saint George the “Methystis
- The time has come for fresh wine!
- “rakokazana” in Rethymno
- Mobility Week Rethymno
- Autumn colours on sand dunes
- Catch the Hatch
- Blue flag for 486 Greek coasts, 17 in Rethymno
- Rethymno's 6th Cretan Diet Festival-July 2017