Rethymno, 23-29 September 2018
A week full of Cretan wines, flavors and more
full week devoted to Cretan wine and Cretan gastronomy begins in Rethymno and will continue until Saturday 29 September 2018.
The city of Rethymno, with a rich gastronomy history, supports Cretan wine and the active team of "Rethymno Recevin" has prepared the Cretan Wine Week 2018, in the context of events of Rethymno: European Wine City 2018, a title awarded by the European Network of Wine Cities RECEVIN.
Rethymno’s restaurants, hotels, and wine bars have designed special menus and tastings of Cretan wine throughout the week of 23-29 September 2018. The program is continuously enriched and, up to now, it is as follows:
- Veneto Hotel & Restaurant Rethymno Crete: For the whole week of 23-29 September, a special menu is offered and 5 Cretan wines in a glass! There is also, a special offer for a dinner of two with 1+1 free bottle of Cretan wine
Avli restaurant from 23-29 September will offer two degustation menus: 4 dishes with 3 glasses of Cretan wine and 7 dishes with 5 glasses. During the whole week, there will also be holding a 30 minutes mini wine tasting on the Cretan wines. On Monday the 24th: A seminar will be held at the Cretan vineyard at 18:00.
- Wine Bar Rewine: On Tuesday the 25th, at 20:00, there will be a presentation of the Cretan varieties Plyto and Dafni from the Lyrarakis Winery
- 1600 raki baraki: from 23-29 September, there will be offered a set of menus with meze and wine pairing in a special price, while for the whole week, visitors can enjoy 5 Cretan wines in a glass. - T: +302831 058250.
- Grecotel White Palace Hotel: On Thursday 27 of September, there will be held a Cretan Wine Master Class with a wine tasting on 6 Cretan wines, by the sommelier Yiannis Papadomanolakis
- Pepi Boutique Hotel: On Monday 24th to Thursday 27 of September, there will be a presentation of 3 Cretan wines from indigenous varieties and there will be a 30% discount for the purchase of Cretan wines. – T: +306945372212.
- Lux Cafe: On Thursday 27 of September, there will be a presentation of Digenakis Winery. T:+30 2831 020303.
- The restaurant «HASIKA», on Monday 24 to Saturday 29 of September, will offer a degustation menu with 4 dishes paired with 2 wines in a special price Τ: +30 2831 021014.
- Cavo Restaurant Bar, from Monday 24 to Saturday 29 of September, will offer a degustation menu with 4 dishes paired with 3 wines in a special price – T: +30 2831 036700.
In addition, for the first time in the city of Rethymno, on Friday, September 28, three special wine tours will take place from 18:00 to 21:00 (one hour each), in the Old Town of Rethymno, which will combine a guided tour with stops at many restaurants and wine bars for tasting of Cretan wine.
The Municipality of Rethymnon and the Rethymno Recevin Team invite all the Cretan wine lovers to participate in this week, enjoy a unique wine-tasting experience in Rethymno and share it on social media using #RethymnoWineCity (facebook & Instagram)!